Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Autumn

Autumn

Winter will Autumn greet,
For the last dance the trees will meet
They change their leaves from green to brown,
To red and yellow and gold
They will dance in the gentle breeze
All will shake and hop and flutter
The leaves will rustle and mutter
Enjoying themselves are the trees
The bird minstrels shall sing
The lovely dryads are dancing, dancing,
Dancing are the trees
Making merry in the festivities
The grasshoppers shall play the harp,
The birds shall play the flute,
The trees shall dance and shake themselves,
Even though they are mute
But right before the autumn ends,
the trees take off their clothes
And the grasshoppers, they go to sleep
The birds do stop their songs,
They all get ready to fly away,
On wings so strong and fleet,
Eyes bright, and
Heads down against the cold
When winter comes, 
The drowsy trees, tired with all their dancing,
He covers with a soft blanket of snow,
And the snowflakes softly, lovingly, kiss them 
 goodnight.
(Note: this was meant to be a free verse poem but I have added some rhyming words as well. I think it could do better with some rearranging and some deleting of some lines (probably unnecessary, but they're all  necessary to me). Give me some feedback, tell me your ideas, and I will (probably) fix or change my poem)

No comments:

Post a Comment